Sunday, September 10, 2006

Idletame

I know that Im not alone when I say that Outkast is my favorite hip-hop..........let me take that back, my favorite music group of all time. I was anticipating the Idlewild movie and CD like a cure for AIDS. Now I got it, but not in that exact order. I havent seen the movie but I have the music. I listened to the cd the night I got it straight through without any interruptions. This release has got a few horrible reviews. But if your a real 'cast fan then you will enjoy. Throughout their musical journey they have evolved with each and every album, this is no different. It does have that old 1930's sound that they were going for in some songs. The song I have on repeat is Macy Grays' "Greatest Show on Earth". The production and arrangement is dope on the track. To tell you the truth I liked the album BUT. It seems like Dre is steering away from rap and leaning towards melodic ballads. Big Boi did his thing as well but the album left me wanting alot more songs with the duo on the same tracks. But dont get it tangled or twisted. You can still hear a piece of that 'ol outkast sound in every song. So would I tell someone to buy the cd..........Hell YEah!!!!!!!Its Outkast

Peace, Blest

1 comment:

CoooL Dundee said...

They are not breaking up!!!!!!! Everyone keeps saying that because Andre 3000 doesnt wanna tour for the albums anymore