Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Amputechture


The usual song format is:Music+Vocals/Lyrics=Song. But sometimes you dont even need words to convey your message, but its rare that a musician masters both of these skills. The Mars Volta is one of those bands that toys with both formats with ease. I had their last album "Frances the Mute" and I had never heard anything like that before. But I loved it. So when I heard there new album "Amputechture" I enjoyed it even more because I knew how they approached making music. Frances the Mute was a very dark and gloomy album. This latest cd is much lighter in mood. I have to admit, the 10minute songs take a minute to get used to but its cool after that. I never would have thought El Paso,TX would be the birthplace of something so innovative. The band is only made up of two guys(Omar and Cedric). They just work with alot of different people like John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rick Rubin to name a few. These dudes are very fresh with the music and take their own approach to things. The album hits stores September 12th. Its worth your time.

Peace, Blest

No comments: