Monday, March 12, 2007

F*ck Free Lunch


I guess this country does'nt believe in good deeds anymore. I read this article on USATODAY that jusrt made me mad. "What were you doing on USATODAY" you ask? I peep the money section a few times a week. They have some very priceless info on saving and managing money. But back to the story. I see this article that said that a Subway owner lets his employees have a free $5 meal everyday if they want as a kind of token of appreciation. Awwww aint that sweet.........wrong! The governments greedy hand taxed his but to high heaven for every free meal he has given for the last 3 years! If thats not f*cked up, then I dont know what is. The owner could'nt believe it. He said "I throw away bread every day that we don't use, and I don't pay tax on that....But if I give it to my employees, I have to pay a use tax on that. It just doesn't make sense." He must pay $2,500 in back taxes, interest and penalties. Poor guy:( He just wanted to do something that most buisinesses today don't do, and thats look out for the workers. So stupid the government is!

No comments: