Thursday, March 01, 2007

Excalibur


Well I could'nt go to sleep last night because I consumed a large amount of Kool-Aid with about 3 pounds of sugar in it. I even tried to count sheep! It does'nt work. So I just looked at the ceiling and thought about random stuff untill my "revelation" came. I always wondered why guitar players make this orgasmic-like facial expression sometimes when they play. Maybe the drummer farted or they can't stand the smell of their own breath, I don't know. But that face is something different. The guitar is a different type of instrument when you think about it. I know when I hear certain notes, it just makes me feel strange(In a good way). Its like your the guitar and your emotions are the strings. And when played right, you begin to really "feel" the song! I know I seem really Steve Urkel "pocket-protectorish" lame right now but thats the only way I can put it. When I listen to music, especially music with real instruments, I dont just listen to it I have to feel it. Its the same with Electronic or some Hip-Hop music but with a different feeling to it. Each type of music is different, but sometimes you can feel Jimmy Hendrix the same way you can a Kanye West, Little Brother, M.I.A, or a SpankRock. I told a friend that its like the guitar is an Excalibur, and the person playing is just cutting through your soul repeatedly with every note. But Im just babbling on and being strange as hell right about now. Im scaring myself. Stay tuned.
Peace

No comments: