Monday, November 06, 2006

Gym Class Was Never This Fun


Do you remember your gym classes in school? I do! The shit was lame. I think every gym class had the fat kid who was too huge to do any activities so he just sat on the side. And right next to that kid was the scrawny kid that had a note to get him out of anything in life. Eventhough Im an athlete Im probably the furthest from your typical athlete. I was the kid that screwed up the basketball games on purpose by passing to the other team and pulling my teammates shorts down(I still pull my teammates shorts down.....some stuff never gets old:). And when we played "Wall Ball" I would just hit the other kids not even trying to hit the wall. Now kids like me have "Heroes" to look up to. Meet Travis, Disashi, Matt and Eric. When put together they form Indie Hip-Hop/Rock Band the "Gym Class Heroes". Straight from the mean streets of Geneva, New York. Their following has gotten pretty crazy in the last 2-years. They our on Decaydence which is also home to bands like Cobra Starship and Fall Out Boy. Theyre sound is a nice mixture of rock and hip-hop. Frontman Travis McCoy is a character himself. The Heroes live show is dope as hell and very intimate much like the lyrics spit by MC Travis. Topics range from pill poppin love sickness to homophobia in schools(Real Talk). They are truly an inspiration:) For mo info on tha Heros check'em at Gym Class is Cool Now

No comments: