Monday, January 22, 2007

Make Those Color Lines BOLD!


So by now you have seen and observed this reverse minsterl show called "The Next White Rapper". Im just gonna shoot it to you straight. Im not going to set this post up with some clever ass introduction, Im just gonna jump on it. I recently just got my cable turned back on:) So I was focused on catching up on some much needed VH1, Discovery Channel, and TLC. I was on the phone with my mother and she was buggin out! I asked what was she so upset about, and then she introduced me to "The Next White Rapper Show". At this point she was describing to me a situation where one of the female contestants kept saying "Nigga" like she owned the word! I dont give a damn where your from, that shit is not acceptable. White people look like clowns and posers when they try and use that word. So a few days go by and I get a chance to catch the show. To my surprise a few of the contestants were good. But the question that popped into my head was "Why do they have to be WHITE rappers?" "Why cant they just be RAPPERS?" At a time in history where we shouldnt put so much emphasis on someones race, this garbage pops up. Then you have some idiot on the show speaking about a "Ghetto Revival" when he calls himself the "King of da Burbs"? This goes to show you what alot of people really think the Hip-Hop culture is.............a damn circus, with alot of bad clowns! Hip-Hop doesnt get any respect these days. But how can it when you got trash like this on TV and everybody thinks its dope!
Look in the mirror folks!
4Real

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An intresting view point on the show "White Rapper". I found that the show makes a mockery out of Hip Hop in a way, if that makes sense. THe only thing that I found intresting is to learn about the history of hiphop through the different escapades the "wannabe rappers" go through every show.The wanabe rapper who talks about the Ghetto Rivial just seems to make a fool of himself whenever he speaks. The show has an intresting concept but it shouldn't be just about White Rappers in general. Why do they think that only white people need to have a tv series to show their skills at rapping? Like its an amazing concept that white folks can rap in society and that we should praise them for tryn specially if they are a female. While I might not be an expert on hiphop I just found that from a white persons perspective this show is pointless.

CoooL Dundee said...

You are right. The mini-contests and challenges do have a good meaning behind them. I just wish it wasnt so focused on the fact that they are white. In a way thats dissing white MC's who really get down on the mic